If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I made a box. A simple thing, really. Four sides, with through dovetails at the corners and a bottom that is glued on. All out of leftover, bone dry EWP from the home center. For me, none of that is out of the ordinary. What is, however, is that it has a lid. And what a glorious lid!
Both the bottom and the lid are single boards, rounded over on all four sides on both faces. The lid, however, is not attached by hinges. Instead, a batten and some buttons on the underside of the lid it keep it from sliding around. Each is rounded over at the edges to help the lid slide into place. It seems to work pretty well.
I am certain that someone will tell me I did this all wrong, and it’s not a sound way affix a lid. I’m willing to bet I won’t care, especially if I end up nailing on the buttons.