Sometimes, my design ideas are too ambitious for my contemporaneous skill set. If so, I leave the design on the shelf for and come back to it. Such is the case with the angled-leg plant stand I designed a while ago.
So the other day, thoroughly sick of flattening a recently glued-up panel, I decided to cut the angled tenons for the plant stand rails. After some trial and error at full size, I decided a leg rake of 2.5° was aesthetically better to me than the as-designed 5° angle. Though marked at the correct angle from a sliding bevel, the crosscut tenon shoulders were not perfect. I had to use a shoulder plane to tweak the angles, but after a while, each rail seated nicely into a test mortise on one of the legs.
There is still one more mortise to chop, and then I have to figure out how best to shape the center hub of the plant stand. But all in all, as I’m fond of saying, “progress is important”.